Maldives Transport and Contracting Company (MTCC) has been awarded an MVR 82.5 million project to develop the harbor in K. Maafushi.
The contract was signed between Planning Ministry’s Director General Fathimath Shana Farooq and MTCC’s CEO Adam Azim on Monday.
The project involves:
- Harbor basin dredging operations of 28,386 cubic meters
- New harbor basin dredging operations of 63,711 cubic meters
- Channel dredging operations of 4,414 cubic meters
- Building a 31-meter seawall
- Building a sandfill breakwater
- Installation of 64 meters of revetment
- Installation of 700 meters of geobag revetment
- Construction of a 374-meter quay wall
- Construction of a 367-meter scouring apron
- Installation of a 73-meter mooring ring
- Installation of 10 mooring buoys
- Construction of an access platform
- Construction of a 57-meter concrete bridge
- Construction of a 320-meter concrete jetty
- Installation of 33 streetlights
- Construction of pavements in an 1,869 square meter area
MTCC is required to complete the project within 600 days.