Male’ City Mayor Dr. Mohamed Muizzu states that the night market recently announced by the city council will be held once COVID-19 cases begin to decline.
In a message on Male’ City Council’s media group on Saturday, Muizzu said the night market will be held once COVID-19 cases decline to the lowest level it had been in Male’ City.
“We will not hold a night market in Male’ City at a time when Covid, dengue and other viral diseases are high,” he said.
Muizzu said the date for the night market will be decided based on the factors.
The city council has asked for parties interested in organizing the night market to submit proposals to the council’s procurement section by 02:00 pm July 20.
Additional information regarding the night market is available on the city council’s website.
The city council last held a night market in December last year. The night market held in January was shut down following a spike in COVID-19 cases in the capital.