MT Hojgaard Private Limited has been awarded a contract to build harbors in three islands located in B. Atoll; Kudarikilu, Dhonfanu and Kihaadhoo.
The contract was signed in a ceremony at the Housing Ministry on Thursday. The contract was signed on behalf of National Planning, Housing and Infrastructure Ministry by Director General Fathimath Shana Farooq, and on behalf of MT Hojgaard by Senior Project Manager Jorgen Feldborg Skaarup.
MT Hojgaard is contracted to complete work on the three harbors within 381 days.
The contract for the three harbors in valued at MVR 108.3 million. The Kudarikilu Harbor Project is valued at MVR 33,215,485.13, the Dhonfanu Harbor Project is valued at MVR 31,731,103.53, and the Kihaadhoo Harbor Project is valued at MVR 43,381,648.33.
The projects will involve dredging, construction of mooring blocks, revetment walls, breakwaters, pavements, and installation of lights and fixtures.
According to the Planning Ministry, 77 percent of the project will be financed through OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), while the remaining 23 percent will be financed by the Maldivian government.