A gas cylinder in a house in Male’ City exploded on Wednesday, leaving two people injured.
The incident took place on the fifth floor of Thin Noonuge, located in the Henveiru district.
It was reported to Maldives National Defense Force (MNDF) at approximately 12:31 pm.
According to MNDF, the explosion took place after a nut on the gas cylinder regulator came loose, resulting in a leak.
The incident was reported to the MNDF by the residents of the house on their way to the hospital after putting out the fire, said a spokesperson from MNDF.
MNDF said the incident resulted in burns and additional injuries to two men who were in the house at the time.
Both are being treated at the Indhira Gandhi Memorial Hospital (IGMH). A spokesperson from IGMH told Sun that they did not sustain any serious injuries.