Ooredoo posts revenues of MVR 488M for third quarter

Photos from the 2018 annual general meeting of Ooredoo. (Sun Photo/Fayaz Moosa)

Telecoms giant Ooredoo has earned MVR 488 million income for the third quarter of 2019.

The statistics published by the company showed that it gained MVR 157 million before taxes and MVR 131 million after taxes. Ooredoo cited strong broadband, postpaid and enterprise service performance resulted in an income increase despite the low performance of the roaming service due to the tourism offseason.

Ooredoo also won 10 CMO awards during this time with its “Evee” marketing campaign won the best digital marketing campaign award. Ooredoo also launched its e-commerce platform “Moolee” as well as AI-powered digital solutions. These include the digital assistant “Evee”, “Kunbu” application as well as the online shopping platform “Moolee”.

Ooredoo has around 9.5 percent of public shares with the remaining 90.5 percent owned by parent company Wataniya International.