The recipients of Vinares Flats developed in Hulhumale Phase II begin receiving their keys.
During a special ceremony held on Monday in Hulhumale’, recipients who were declared eligible under the Gulhifalhu, Sealife and Hiyaa category were handed their keys.
The keys were handed over by State Minister at the Ministry of National Planning, Housing and Infrastructure Akram Kamaaludheen.
A total of 92 people who were scammed under the Sealife corruption scandal, and 100 people who were to receive “Veshifahi Male’' flats, but were later taken, had been provided housing under Vinares.
The project saw the development of 10 towers, with 1344 units.
Speaking at the ceremony, the CEO of Urbanco Ahmed Athif said that many who won housing opportunities during other presidencies but later lost all options got hope today.
“This is a very good example that this government does not exempt anyone when it comes to housing or any other basic necessities.
He also said that by the time people begin living in Vinares, all facilities will be completed, including the pavements. He also added that they will soon begin work on developing the area surrounding the towers.
“We have now completed the allocation of various commercial spaces, and handed them to respective parties as well.”
In addition to this, during this ceremony, a portal was inaugurated that provides information on the different private housing development projects in Hulhumale’.
With this portal, interested parties will be able to get details on the apartments being built, its progress, and sales as well. Anyone can view the portal via their Efass login.