President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih has constituted the governing board of Dr. Abdul Samad Memorial Hospital in GDh. Thinadhoo.
He formed the board and made the appointments on Tuesday.
The new board is charged with governing the management of Dr. Abdul Samad Memorial Hosital in accordance with the principles of decentralization.
The members appointed to the seven-member board are:
- Dr. Lawsha Mohamed (representative of the public)
- Dr. Abdulla Ubaid (independent health sector expert)
- Representative from the regional financial sector
- Mariyam Nazneen (Health Ministry representative)
- Jeeza Hassan (representative of the regional public health sector)
- Saud Ali (member of the GDh. Atoll Council)
- Hospital in-charge
President Solih appointed Dr. Lawsha as the chairperson of the board.