Maldivian government is scheduled to submit 32 bills to the Parliament during its third session of the year.
At the parliamentary sitting on Tuesday morning, Deputy Speaker, North Galolhu MP Eva Abdulla said the President’s Office has sent a letter informing of its intention.
- Bill on Compensation for Defamation
- Bill to amend Counter-Terrorism Act
- Bill to amend the Penal Code
- Maldives Media and Broadcasting Authority Bill
- Maldives Health Services Bill
- Bill to amend Provision of Health Services Act
- Bill to amend Religious Unity Act
- Bill to amend Judicature Act
- Diplomatic Privileges Act
- Bill on Protection of the Rights of People with Disabilities and Provision of Financial Aid
- Bill to amend Government Salary Policy Act
- Bill to amend National Language Act
The government plans on submitting 16 more bills, in addition to the bills on this list.
Parliament reopened for its third session of the year last Monday.