Fire breaks out at children’s shelter in Vilimale’

Damage from a fire which broke out inside a store room at Kudakudhinge Hiyaa on June 6, 2021. (Photo/MNDF)

A fire broke out at Kudakudhinge Hiyaa – a children’s shelter located in Vilimale’ – on Sunday morning, a month after similar incident at the same shelter.

Maldives National Defense Force (MNDF) said the fire originated from a store room on the terrace of second building of Kudakudhinge Hiyaa.

MNDF said the fire was reported at 10:46 am, and has been put out.

The fire did not result in any injuries, but did cause damage to items in the store room.

The latest incident comes after a fire broke out on the first floor of Kudakudhinge Hiyaa on May 4, burning down cabinets used to store children’s clothing and shoes.