The Parliament has given its approval for the seven names put forward by President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih for the Privatization and Corporatization Board (PCB).
The Board is formed of seven members and the seven candidates were put forward by the President last September. All seven members gained the approval of more than 60 MPs in the Parliamentary session today.
Those appointed to the board today are:
- Hassan Waheed, Kudhimaage, G.Dh. Thinadhoo as the President of PCB.
- Asim Mohamed, G. Magazine, K. Male’ as Vice President of PCB.
- Aishath Shaazly, M. Savoy, K. Male’ as Member of PCB (Accounting and Finance sector)
- Rushaahaa Ahmed Shareef, H. Oasisview, K. Male, as Member of PCB (Banking sector)
- Ali Shafeeu, M. Hudhukaneeruge, K. Male’ as Member of PCB (Business Administration sector)
- Ali Shujau, Fahala, Lh. Hinnavaru, as Member of PCB (Legal sector)
- Ahmed Shareef Yoosuf, as Member of PCB (Economic sector)