Nominations open for Maldives Boating Awards in 29 categories

Winners of the 4th Maldives Boating Awards held in 2018. (File Photo/National Boating Association of Maldives)

The National Boating Association of Maldives (NBAM) has opened nominations for the 5th Maldives Boating Awards.

Businesses who wish to apply for the awards have been instructed to fill the application form online, or send a scanned copy of the application form along with other relevant documents to NBAM’s email address [email protected] before 12 pm on November 15.

The nominees will be assigned points based 70 percent on a professional judging panel, and the remaining 30 percent based on online and SMS votes.

Online and SMS voting will be held from November 20 to December 5.

Winners will be selected from total 29 categories this year. It includes best boat design of the year, most preferred insurance partner, best after sales service, most preferred marine engine brand of the year, best equipment supplier of the year, and liveaboard or yacht brand of the year.

Maldives Boating Awards is an initiative launched by the NBAM in 2014 in recognition of the vitality of the local boating industry, and the excellence of individual service providers within the industry and supporting industries.

According to NBAM, it is aimed at encouraging and raising the standard of the boating industry.

The 5th Maldives Boating Awards is scheduled to be held on December 19.