The hundreds of Maldivian scouts and girl guides attending the World Scout Jamboree in South Korea have been evacuated from the camp site.
Attended by more than 40,000 young people from 155 countries, including 423 participants from Maldives, the 25th World Scout Jamboree in Saemangeum has been marred by illness and criticism of its organization and facilities.
Hundreds of participants fell ill due to an unprecedented heatwave last week, and on Tuesday, the South Korean government began evacuating participants from the campsite due to an incoming tropical storm.
The Maldivian Foreign Ministry says that all 423 members of the Maldivian contingent are safe, and have moved out of the campsite.
According to the ministry, the 170 girl guides participants are being housed at the LG Electronics Pyeongtaek Learning Center in shared accommodations.
Meanwhile, the 253 scout participants are being housed at the Samsung Fire and Marine Goyang Training Center in shared accommodations.
Foreign Ministry said it is closely monitoring the situation in South Korea, through the Embassy of Maldives in Japan.
Scout groups from the UK, Singapore and the US had left the event early - with the British group citing poor sanitation and food quality among their reasons for leaving.
Most of the remaining scouts were ferried from the camp to 128 accommodation sites across eight provinces and cities around Seoul.
South Korean interior minister Lee Sang-min said the government would ensure participants could be "safe and comfortable" at their new lodgings, which include university halls and hotels.
He vowed the Jamboree would continue and said he hoped the scouts could "finish their schedules with a happy heart".