A fire broke out in a home in Vilimale’ on Wednesday.
According to the Maldives National Defense Force (MNDF), the fire was reported to the agency at around 09:00 am.
According to MNDF, the fire broke out in an apartment located above the retail outlet, ‘Shop and Save’.
The fire was put out by firefighters from the Vilimale’ Fire Station.
Photos shared by the MNDF show the fire originated from a kitchen cupboard above the stove.
Nothing else appeared to be damaged, except for the cupboard and the kitchen hood.
A spokesperson from the MNDF said the fire did not result in any injuries.
Authorities have yet to disclose the cause of the fire.