Planning Ministry, on Tuesday, reported that they are working on releasing the list of flat recipients under the government’s housing scheme - ‘Gedhoruveriya’ – before the end of this month.
State Minister for Planning Akram Kamaluddin, in a tweet on Tuesday, said journalists have been pressing for the date of release of the list. Responding to the question, he said the ministry was working on publicizing the list by the end of this month.
Nearly 36,000 applications were submitted by the deadline to file applications for land and flats under the ‘Binveriya’ and ‘Gedhoruveriya’ housing schemes.
20,697 applications were submitted for flats under the ‘Gedhoruveriya’ housing scheme; 14,489 forms for three-room apartments and 6,208 forms for two-rooms.
The flats which will be issued under the ‘Gedhoruveriya’ scheme are presently under development in Hulhumale’ Phase II. The 32 towers under the project contracted to two Indian companies will be tenantable by 2025 as per Fahi Dhiri Ulhun Corporation (FDC).
The government publicized the preliminary list of recipients of land under its ‘Binveriya’ housing scheme on June 26th.
15,164 applications were submitted for land under the ‘Binveriya’ Housing scheme. That is, 23,088 people.
The list released in June included names of 10,314 applicants deemed eligible, including people who applied jointly and separately.
Previously, the government was set on issuing 5,000 plots of land under the scheme, which has now been increased to 6,200 by President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih as per an announcement published on July 2nd. The government intends to continue issuing land plots until all eligible applicants have received land.