Seven suspects have been arrested in connection with the serial bombings in Sri Lanka this Sunday, says Minister of State for Defense of Sri Lanka, Dinendra Ruwan Wijewardene.
Sri Lankan authorities confirm 207 people have died and 450 have been wounded in in eight explosions in and around the Sri Lankan capital, Colombo.
The first six bombings were reported from three churches and three hotels on Sunday morning, the seventh bomb went off at a guesthouse in Dehiwala, and the eight was reported shortly after officers entered a house in Dematagoda.
Wijewardene reports that Sri Lankan authorities are working under the assumption the bombings were carried out by a single organization. Two of the seven suspects were arrested from Dematogoda.
Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena has issued a statement condemning the terror attack and announcing that authorities have begun investigations to get to the bottom of the attack.
The country has imposed a nation-wide and indefinite curfew, and has shut down schools and offices for the next two days.
Maldivian Ambassador to Sri Lanka, Umar Abdul Razzaq says there have been no reports of harm to any Maldivian citizen so far, and urges all Maldivians to stay indoors.